It is common knowledge that to keep your skin healthy it is necessary to:
USE SUNSCREEN, STAY HYDRATED, EAT HEALTHY, GET ENOUGH SLEEP, AND USE MOISTURIZER.
Please Please Please add EXERCISE!
What is skin? It’s not like internal organs such as your heart and brain. Skin is on the outside and happens to be our largest and most versatile organ allowing us to look presentable while protecting us from extreme sunlight, harsh temperatures, infectious substances, dangerous chemicals and more. We exercise for our heart and brain so doesn’t it make sense to exercise for our skin? Weighing in at about eight pounds and covering approximately 22 square feet for an average adult, skin needs a fitness regime to look its’ very best. Being a visible organ, skin is also the biggest giveaway of our health.
Of course, always consult your doctor before going on an exercise program, but exercise! Get on a good program and stick to it. Your skin will be proof of a healthy lifestyle. Almost every form of exercise is good for your skin improving circulation and reducing stress. Try to mix up your exercise choices for best results and reduced chance of quitting due to boredom.
WHAT DOES EXERCISE DO FOR YOUR SKIN?
- Increases blood flow revving up the immune system.
- Provides oxygenated blood and promotes circulation.
- Nourishes body cells and carries oxygen to cells.
- Cleanses you inside out, carrying away waste.
- Reduces stress improving acne, eczema and other conditions.
- Delays wrinkles by boosting production of collagen.
- Improves sleep increasing skin repair time.
- Stimulates collagen production increasing skin elasticity and moisture.
- Reduces anxiety and depression improving mood and reducing skin issues.
PROTECT YOUR SKIN WHEN EXERCISING.
- If outdoors, sun protection is a must.
- Always cleanse after working out.
- Remove any heavy foundation or powder before working out.
- Avoid touching hands to face while exercising.
- Drink water before, after and during workout.
- Use a towel on exercise mat.
- Avoid chaffing with fabrics meant for exercise that wick moisture away from body.
THERE’S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT, START NOW.
Get moving and give your body the oxygenated blood it needs. Working out provides your skin with the dilated blood vessels that give it the healthy, vibrant glow we all love. Exercise produces chemicals that help improve your mood which has been proven to improve your complexion and slow down signs of aging. As the old adage goes – feel good/look good.